[CentOS] Centos versions in the future?

Thu Apr 29 17:25:01 UTC 2021
Pete Biggs <pete at biggs.org.uk>

> Quite agree. For me, not too knowledgeable in these things person, this
> looks exactly what Fedoraa while ago  was: huge opening of RedHat to
> wide open source community. Maybe Fedora didn't live up to the
> expectation, then good luck to CentOS to live up to this expectation.

I don't think that is the case, quite the opposite. Fedora is way more
bleeding edge than RHEL/Stream, Fedora leads to a version that will
form the basis of the next major version of RHEL. My feeling (without
any real knowledge) is that the community involvement with Fedora was
seen as a benefit and now they are doing the same thing with RHEL -
that community input into RHEL is via Stream.

It has been said a few times that Stream is, in effect, the distro that
RH develops on: it used to be internal to RH, now it's not. It was RH's
own internal rebuild of RHEL. Opening up this to the outside world
allows other people (SIGs, spins etc.) to produce code on a level
playing field with RH developers.

P.