[CentOS] Centos versions in the future?

Fri Apr 30 19:16:23 UTC 2021
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 4/30/21 11:36 AM, R C wrote:
>> No, I think you've completely missed the point that I was making,
>> which was simply that criticism of CentOS Stream often mistakenly
>> argues that because of the change, users of CentOS lose things that
>> they never had to begin with.
>
> I don't know for sure if that argument was ever made, but if it was,
> they are entirely correct.  Again, it was for free, it is up to 'them'
> to do something else if they wish, what ever the circumstances of
> their decisions. It was your choice to use it, for free, and your
> choice doesn't mean an obligation on their part, they don't owe you
> anything ... so yes, you never had it to begin with.

I think we're still talking past each other, but I'll try one last time:

Critics of Stream often argue that CentOS users are losing support that
CentOS never had to begin with.  Their argument implies that CentOS has
aspects of RHEL that it does not.  They are not correct.

Does that make sense?  Please, go back and read my earlier message
again.  You seem to think I am complaining that CentOS is not supported,
but I am not.