[CentOS] Minimising a CentOS installation

Fri Aug 20 15:17:11 UTC 2021
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>

On Fri, 20 Aug 2021 at 10:25, Anand Buddhdev <anandb at ripe.net> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> After doing a minimal CentOS 8.4 installation, I found the following
> packages to be useful for a simple server, so I removed them:
>
> cronie-anacron (replaced with cronie-noanacron)
> alsa-firmware
> ivtv-firmware
> iwl*-firmware
> sssd-common (along with all packages that depended on it)
>
> What other things do folk usually remove to make their installation smaller?

Usually it breaks down at this point because everyone has different
things they want for their minimal install. Getting 3 people to agree
on a minimal working set seems to be harder than doing a three body
physics problem :).

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Flame wars in