[CentOS] How to install XFCE on CentOS 8?

Thu Feb 11 17:31:13 UTC 2021
Simon Matter <simon.matter at invoca.ch>

> Le 11/02/2021 à 17:08, Simon Matter a écrit :
>> But, I'm a bit shocked to find EPEL 8 in such a bad shape of brokenness
>> and incompleteness
>
> I've come to the same conclusion.
>
> For the past couple years, my solution has been to use RHEL clones (CentOS
> and
> Oracle Linux) on servers only (multi-user.target).
>
> I've moved all my graphical installations (workstation, laptops, desktop
> clients) to OpenSUSE Leap + KDE.

In our situation it's not so easy to say server or client. We're running
remote desktops over nx-libs, so, a server is also a client at the same
time.

I always new EPEL is not perfect but it was usable to some degree and
that's why Red Hat told their customers about it and how to use it. But
the current state of EPEL is sad.

Simon