[CentOS] not a Centos topic, but since many had concerns ......

Tue Feb 2 23:10:07 UTC 2021
R C <cjvijf at gmail.com>

On 2/2/21 4:04 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 02, 2021 at 03:49:35PM -0700, R C wrote:
>> This is what I read today, might have been around longer though, don't know.
>>

>> "New Year, new Red Hat Enterprise Linux programs: Easier ways to
>> access RHEL"
>>
>> https://www.redhat.com/en/blog/new-year-new-red-hat-enterprise-linux-programs-easier-ways-access-rhel
> It came out a few weeks ago but the program is live as of yesterday.
>
> In short:
>
> 1. Register at https://developers.redhat.com/register
>
> 2. You'll now see a developer subscription allowing up to 16 systems listed
>     at https://access.redhat.com/management/subscriptions
>
> 3. Download and install from https://developers.redhat.com/products/rhel/download
>
> 4. sudo subscription-manager register --username $USERNAME
>     (where $USERNAME is the email address you registered with)
>
> and there you go.
>
> It says "Developer Subscription" but the new terms allow each individual to
> have up to 16 systems for production use. See the (single page) terms here:

I would not use it for production, or commercial purposes, just so I
have the same at home (or close) as at work. I wonder, does that mean
you can have  up to 16 licensed servers/workstations running at a time?
Or over time, when you discard equipment, and need to install another
machine/desktop, whatever by the time you're at 17 start paying?

(I am checking that with a redhat rep that we have at work too).