[CentOS] Challenging times in trying to access oracle Linux documentation

Sun Feb 7 01:31:57 UTC 2021
Scott Robbins <scottro11 at gmail.com>

On Sat, Feb 06, 2021 at 07:05:08PM -0600, Valeri Galtsev wrote:

> > On Feb 6, 2021, at 5:39 PM, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I can ask for a generic-enterprise-nix (genix?) list on the CentOS mailman
> > and see if that can take up the traffic for the people who feel that they
> > want and need to talk about alternatives. If that is acceptable then people
> > can subscribe there and talk in detail about other operating systems
> > choices.
>
> When wise man gives a solution, I always think: how come this never occurred to me?
>
> Thank you, Stephen. I hope, someone of CentOS mail list admins makes that new list you suggested. Then the heat will be off both groups of people.

I just want to add that I, too, think this is a good idea.
There is a Tokyo Linux list that has been around since the 90's I think.
They wound up creating a second list, just for questions that were relevant
to Tokyo, but not to Linux, such as Japanese language questions. It worked
quite well, and is still in use, though that list too has slowed down quite
a bit in recent years.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6