[CentOS] RHEL changes

Thu Jan 21 21:31:08 UTC 2021
Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net>

On Thu, 21 Jan 2021 15:17:04 -0600
Valeri Galtsev wrote:

> I tried Oracle Linux. After installation it took forever to update yum
> database, or do you yum search. Also: I didn't find mirrors... All this
> sort of ruled it out for me. Mind that I have 1 Gbps network...

So far I've installed Oracle Linux on one laptop.  What I got was exactly what I expected to get, and I didn't have any issues at all.  "dnf upgrade" worked exactly as expected and at pretty much exactly the same speed as it does on Centos, too.

But that's just one installation.  I haven't done anything else with OL yet at all.