[CentOS] rare but repeating system crash in C7

Sat Jan 2 19:55:58 UTC 2021
Strahil Nikolov <hunter86_bg at yahoo.com>

> I assume that the yottamaster device runs Linux, just like 99% of
> other
> such devices. as to whether it uses linux software raid or some cheap
> (megaraid???) chipset, I don't know, nor know how to tell. but I'll
> check
> that URL you sent and see what happens.
Just add "x-systemd.automount,x-systemd.idle-timeout=10min" in the
fstab mount options , or create an ".mount" + ".automount" entries for
it (autofs is also an option) and test.

The "x-systemd.automount" option will tell systemd to create a
".automount" unit which will monitor the mount point and automatically
mount your drive, while the idle-timeout will tell systemd to
automatically umount the share when not in use (ls, df, du and others
count as usage and reset the counter). Also , if you use 7.6 - there is
a bug in sysstat that forces autofs and systemd's automounter to mount
the share.

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov