[CentOS] CentOS Stream suitability as a production webserver

Tue Jan 5 21:32:18 UTC 2021
Jamie Burchell <mail at jamieburchell.com>

I guess we need to wait and see how the dust settles. For those lucky
enough to still be on CentOS 7, there's a bit of breathing space although
these things take time to plan and implement of course. Those unlucky
enough to have updated to CentOS 8 have less than a year to decide to move
to stream or another distro. It's a good job that there's not a global
pandemic disrupting work commitments so we have plenty of time to deal with
these decisions from above!

I'm sure it's my lack of understanding, but there feels too much hope
pinned on "Rocky", which seems like one person (albeit a key person) going
it alone with the hope of a community following of disgruntled people. I
see a single readme file in the repo. I think I'd feel more comfortable
using Stream at this point.

The uncertainty is frustrating and unsettling.