[CentOS] CentOS Stream suitability as a production webserver

Tue Jan 5 21:48:06 UTC 2021
Jon Pruente <jpruente at riskanalytics.com>

On Tue, Jan 5, 2021 at 3:32 PM Jamie Burchell <mail at jamieburchell.com>
wrote:

> I'm sure it's my lack of understanding, but there feels too much hope
> pinned on "Rocky", which seems like one person (albeit a key person) going
> it alone with the hope of a community following of disgruntled people. I
> see a single readme file in the repo. I think I'd feel more comfortable
> using Stream at this point.
>
> The uncertainty is frustrating and unsettling.

If you still think Rocky is one guy going it alone then you haven't been
paying any attention to it at all. The slack that it started on is so
active that messages were falling off the 10k scroll back limit in a matter
of days. It's quieted down some since they have been making use of their
forums and working on moving to Mattermost, but that sure isn't the
activity of one person.

The repo you refer to is just a holding one, with the readme in many
translations. Go up one level and you'll see the 17 repos thay have for
infrastructure and other needs. https://github.com/rocky-linux