[CentOS] CentOS Stream suitability as a production webserver

Tue Jan 5 22:44:30 UTC 2021
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 1/5/21 2:27 PM, Jamie Burchell wrote:
> We already
> automatically update our systems with yum-cron / dnf automatic and I'm
> reading that if we're already doing that, Stream isn't going to be a
> departure

I'd have said the same:  If you trust CentOS enough to update
automatically, then Stream will be an easy migration for you. You'll get
a distribution that's just as trustworthy, with the added benefit that
you'll get security fixes much sooner than CentOS did.

> but I'm still trying to make sense of
> the impact in real-terms i.e. what actually changes if we move to Stream.

You'll get updated versions of software when they're ready, rather than
once every 6-8 months.  They'll be roughly the same versions that RHEL
will get later.