[CentOS] CentOS Stream suitability as a production webserver

Wed Jan 6 07:48:58 UTC 2021
John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com>

On Wed, Jan 06, 2021 at 08:31:34AM +0100, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:

> No, this was an actual problem I had back in April 2020. Upgrading from CR
> broke imagemagick, so I couldn't use the corresponding PHP modules, so my
> Roundcube installation was broken for a few weeks.

To be fair it was only broken because you kept it broken; you could have
backed out the CR updates and waited for the point release to go GA and
be on ABI parity with EPEL.

> One of the things I like about Oracle Linux is that they maintain their own
> EPEL repo, most probably to prevent these things from happening.

I would be careful of expectations around that partial EPEL rebuild;
it's not complete and some of the builds are quite dated.

							John
--
Politicians are like a Slinky.
They're really not good for anything,