[CentOS] CentOS Stream suitability as a production webserver

Wed Jan 6 11:34:38 UTC 2021
Leon Fauster <leonfauster at googlemail.com>

Am 06.01.21 um 03:01 schrieb Scott Robbins:
> On Tue, Jan 05, 2021 at 11:31:34PM +0000, Jamie Burchell wrote:
>> Off topic for sure, but it's a shame this has to be a manual process of
>> destroying and rebuilding every X years. Even Microsoft has gone the Apple
>> way and just perpetually updates Windows 10 now.
>
> I'm not sure how it will go. Fedora now has a very good upgrade tool that
> has worked for me through a few versions.  So, hopefully, RH, and CentOS
> will have one too, who knows, maybe in time to migrate to Stream-9.

Fedora's package set is quite "stable". You can expect that a package is
in the next release. This is not so valid for EL. Deprecated packages
(ImageMagick in EL7 but not in EL8) make such upgrade path difficult ...

--
Leon