[CentOS] Kickstart "Error setting up base repository"

Tue Jan 19 21:34:55 UTC 2021
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>

On Tue, 19 Jan 2021 at 15:54, Alex Kirk <akirk at corelight.com> wrote:

> So adding on:
>
> repo --name="BaseOS"
> --baseurl=file:///run/install/sources/mount-0000-cdrom/BaseOS
>
> ...didn't help at all. Neither did adding the symlink out of the BaseOS
> directory to the images subdirectory above it.
>
> I did notice this time, however, that when I click into the "Installation
> Source" button of the UI where the erorr is, if I click on the repos being
> read from my Kickstart file, there's a small error at the bottom of the
> page that says "Repository name conflicts with internal repository name".
> That seems weird, since again I'm basing this on a successful manual
> install - why would that write a conflicting repo name to the config?

so I think the error (or warning) is because according to the repo command
you can't name repositories the same as ones already defined in anaconda.
However somehow our working kickstarts have
# Use network install
url --url=http://10.0.0.1/repo/rhel/RHEL/8.2/x86_64/
repo --name=epel --baseurl=http://10.0.0.1/pub/epel/8/Everything/x86_64/
repo --name="BaseOS"     --baseurl=
http://10.0.0.1/repo/rhel/rhel8/x86_64/rhel-8-for-x86_64-baseos-rpms/
repo --name="AppStream"  --baseurl=
http://10.0.0.1/repo/rhel/rhel8/x86_64/rhel-8-for-x86_64-appstream-rpms/
repo --name="PowerTools" --baseurl=
http://10.0.0.1/repo/rhel/rhel8/x86_64/codeready-builder-for-rhel-8-x86_64-rpms/

are you able to get to a console when this box is 'failing'? control-b 2 or
something to move to a shell? if you can there might be a way to see if the
cdrom is even mounted and in the directory listed. If it isn't
//run/install/sources/mount-0000-cdrom then none of the repositories would
work. I don't have any systems with cdroms anymore so I am not sure how to
test to see myself.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.