[CentOS] RHEL changes

Fri Jan 22 11:12:00 UTC 2021
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <centos at plnet.rs>

On 1/22/21 9:29 AM, Marc Balmer via CentOS wrote:
>> Hence it is as good as dead in my mind when looking into the future, I
>> am looking for future distro of choice.
>
> A little mentioned choice would be openSUSE, which is direction I am taking.

I do not like system where configuration app can overwrite manualy set
config. I started with ClarkConnect in 2005-2006 and to route public
subnet into my network I had to delete last iptables command then add my
own, but only after config system did it's own iptables commands. I had
to learn iptables before any other Linux commands and although I
mastered it, it is left in unpleasant memory (it took me weeks and help
from rare Linux admins to find a solution).

I did try SUSE around 2000 but it was complicated to do manual changes
(if it was not provided in YAST), so after ClarkConnect I had no desire
to even experiment with YAST.

--
Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)