[CentOS] RHEL changes

Fri Jan 22 13:39:45 UTC 2021
Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Le 21/01/2021 à 23:30, Scott Robbins a écrit :
> People pull up all sorts of technical reasons to justify
> what is, in the end, an emotional decision.

There is, of course, the possibility to go beyond that. For example, I am not
exactly fond of Oracle as a company, for reasons you probably know as good as
me. They did some horrible things to Solaris, MySQL and Java, their CEO
supported Trump, etc. But it also happens that they do have one of the better
maintained RHEL clones out there, with fast updates and an excellent
documentation.

Of course our first response will always be more or less emotional (see Malcolm
Gladwell's fascinating book "Blink" on the subject). But I think it's part of
our work routine to recognize that and go beyond it.

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Site : https://www.microlinux.fr