[CentOS] Microsoft Teams on CentOS 7. Does the latest version work?

Tue Jul 13 12:02:37 UTC 2021
Toralf Lund <toralf.lund at pgs.com>

Does anyone else run Microsoft Teams on CentOS 7?

I've used it for a while now, and it's generally worked reasonably well.
However, after upgrading to the latest version from the Microsoft repos,
it doesn't start up properly. Processes start and remain active until I
give up and kill them, but I can't see a window or a tray icon or anything.

Has anyone else seen this? Is there anything I can do to make the GUI
appear?

This is not a big deal as everything just works fine if I revert to the
previous release, but it would be interesting to know if this is a
general problem with the software, or I have some weird issue with my
system.

The release that doesn't work is 1.4.00.13653. The one that does is
1.4.00.7556.

- Toralf