[CentOS] Server monitoring

Sun Jul 11 23:14:59 UTC 2021
Mauricio Tavares <raubvogel at gmail.com>

On Sat, Jul 10, 2021 at 2:10 PM H <agents at meddatainc.com> wrote:

> I want to install open-source software on my hosted CentOS 7 server to monitor the system in general, as well as logs, apache webserver, MySQL and PostgreSQL to begin with.
>
> I know there are a multitude of packages available and would be interested in hearing if others have a favorite package? My preference is for a graphical interface where it is easy to follow a variety of load measures but also provides alerts etc.
>
> Suggestions appreciated!

      Do you want to run this monitoring system in your centos 7 box
or in a separate one?
      Do you want to monitor by processing logs or dropping an agent in the box?
      Do you want to customize thresholds for warning or will take the defaults?
      Do you want something you use the web interface to install and
configure or something you can deploy using ansible/whatever?

      Stuff like zabbix, ELK, and checkmk really want to have their
own server/container and then get info from the hosts being monitored.