[CentOS] Centos versions in the future?

Thu Jul 8 16:00:46 UTC 2021
mario juliano grande-balletta <mario.balletta at gmail.com>

Personally, I have always been a fan of the BSD distributions and have
always kept at least 1 virtual machine running a flavor of
BSD.  However, I am not religious, and have no attachment to anything
supernatural or metaphysical or any other pseudo-spiritual thing.
I just think with the changes happening at RedHat, we will see some
effects soon, including Fedora as well.  It is a shame, CentOS has been
a rock solid workhorse, perfect for testing, for proofing, for
prototyping and all sorts of infrastructural experimentation.
Once packages begin disappearing and the distribution begins shrinking,
it won't be long before IBM decides that CentOS needs to have a
stripped-down community edition, with very few features, and a
commercial edition, for a marginal cost, and the excuse will be that
CentOS Community & Project need to earn revenue for maintenance costs.
That is my prediction.
Sad!