[CentOS] Centos versions in the future?

Thu Jul 8 15:47:56 UTC 2021

On 7/8/21 10:38 AM, Nikolaos Milas wrote:
> On 8/7/2021 6:19 μ.μ., Valeri Galtsev wrote:

>> Of course, tastes differ, but still, only those who tasted both things
>> can have fairly say what is better to one's own taste.
>> But even as part of our infrastructure fled to FreeBSD...
>
> As a side note:
>
> l never used FreeBSD, even though I've heard good things about it.
> Frankly, I loathe its devil logo. I know it's probably derived from the
> Unix "daemons", yet I fail to get reconciled with it. It's simply
> appalling to me (even if it's smiling) :(

I _can_ understand religious person's attitude to some images.

> I don't require any reply on my above comment (I might even be called
> naive or whatever). It's some kind of personal confession which I feel I
> need to express somehow. I simply wish FreeBSD people changed this logo
> at some point...
>
> I wonder whether FreeBSD users are expressing similar concerns... I am
> not following any FreeBSD activity or discussion.

I for one consider FreeBSD mascot as created with quite some sense of
humor. No more no less.

Being not religious myself, I do agree with what region [Christian?]
says, almost all or it: you shouldn't steal, you shouldn't kill, you
should be kind to others,... The only thing I disagree with is: they say
God created people, I believe it is other way around: people created God
for themselves. But as neither can be proven experimentally, the last in
my book is really minor disagreement ;-)

Valeri