[CentOS] [External] Re: Microsoft Teams on CentOS 7. Does the latest version work?

Wed Jul 14 13:03:24 UTC 2021
Simon Matter <simon.matter at invoca.ch>

>>> OK.
>>>
>>> The weird thing here is that the newer version actually installs. If
>>> it's built on/for a later release, I'd normally expect complaints about
>>> the libc or libstdc++ version or something along those lines...
>>>
>>> - Toralf
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've seen a lot of commercial software to completely disable the
>> dependency thing in their RPM packages. So you can always install it, it
>> just doesn't work :)
>
> I guess that's true.
>
> But in that situation, you expect runtime errors. In this case, the
> application doesn't just install, it also starts and stays running for
> as long as I care to let it. It just doesn't do anything useful. Not as

Maybe the same folks who disabled dependency tracking also disabled
logging... Or the software tries to call bluescreen() which obviously
doesn't exist on CentOS :)

Simon