[CentOS] [External] Re: Microsoft Teams on CentOS 7. Does the latest version work?

Thu Jul 15 10:57:09 UTC 2021
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>

On Thu, 15 Jul 2021 at 05:30, Toralf Lund <toralf.lund at pgs.com> wrote:

> On 15/07/2021 09:37, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 2:03 PM Toralf Lund <toralf.lund at pgs.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Does anyone else run Microsoft Teams on CentOS 7?
> >>
> >> I've used it for a while now, and it's generally worked reasonably well.
> >> However, after upgrading to the latest version from the Microsoft repos,
> >> it doesn't start up properly. Processes start and remain active until I
> >> give up and kill them, but I can't see a window or a tray icon or anything.
> >>
> >> Has anyone else seen this? Is there anything I can do to make the GUI
> >> appear?
> >>
> >> This is not a big deal as everything just works fine if I revert to the
> >> previous release, but it would be interesting to know if this is a
> >> general problem with the software, or I have some weird issue with my
> >> system.
> >>
> >> The release that doesn't work is 1.4.00.13653. The one that does is
> >> 1.4.00.7556.
> >>
> >> - Toralf
> >>

> > At the end I think you have something broken with your repo config or you
> > installed forcing something.
>
> Like I said elsewhere, it turns out that it's a little more complicated
> than that. The libraries are actually "provided", but they're not on the
> library path.

That isn't provided.. that is a private copy that chrome bundles
itself to use. It may or may not have all of the library calls in it
(the chrome upstream may only turn on things it knows it wants), and
it may have changes which the team doesn't expect.

Also teams is looking for `rpm -q --whatprovides
'libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4.20)(64bit)'` and you typed
`rpm -q --whatprovides 'libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4.22)(64bit)'`

Basically Microsoft teams will need to bundle this newer version of
glibc they are using to make your software work.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Flame wars in