[CentOS] Microsoft Teams on CentOS 7. Does the latest version work?

Fri Jul 16 08:06:11 UTC 2021
Toralf Lund <toralf.lund at pgs.com>

On 15/07/2021 12:57, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Jul 2021 at 05:30, Toralf Lund <toralf.lund at pgs.com> wrote:

>>> At the end I think you have something broken with your repo config or you
>>> installed forcing something.
>> Like I said elsewhere, it turns out that it's a little more complicated
>> than that. The libraries are actually "provided", but they're not on the
>> library path.
>>
> That isn't provided..

It's quite definitely provided. I'm mean in the rpm/package install
context, of course, which is what we were discussing.

The libraries/abi versions are also provided in the sense that the
actually exist on my system, event though teams can't find them right now.

>   that is a private copy that chrome bundles
> itself to use. It may or may not have all of the library calls in it
> (the chrome upstream may only turn on things it knows it wants), and
> it may have changes which the team doesn't expect.

I think you're missing my point. The teams install works because the
package *claims* that it provides everything teams wants (besides what's
in the "normal" system libs.) Whether it works or not is a different
question.

It most likely will, though, if I set up the necessary LD_PRELOAD etc.
(haven't been able to try because I needed to have a Teams version i
*knew* worked.)  It's unlikely that there are "changes which the team
doesn't expect"; I'm reasonably sure this is a straight
rebuild/repackaging of newer upstream "libstdc++". It's also not an
integral part of Chrome, but rather a package someone related to the
Fedora team made to allow a certain "upstream" versions of chrome to
work on a certain "downstream" OS release.

> Also teams is looking for `rpm -q --whatprovides
> 'libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4.20)(64bit)'` and you typed
> `rpm -q --whatprovides 'libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4.22)(64bit)'`

No, it looks for several different "libstdc++.so.6" versions, and the
"chrome" package provides them all. I just listed one of them to
illustrate the point.