[CentOS] Microsoft Teams on CentOS 7. Does the latest version work?

Fri Jul 16 10:07:50 UTC 2021
Peter <peter at pajamian.dhs.org>

On 16/07/21 8:41 pm, Simon Matter wrote:
>> No, it looks for several different "libstdc++.so.6" versions, and the
>> "chrome" package provides them all. I just listed one of them to
>> illustrate the point.
>
> I'm not sure that's true. You said your chrome package provides it all but
> from what I see, it installs its libs into /opt/google/chrome/lib. But,
> your system doesn't know about private libs installed in /opt and I think
> the chrome package should NOT "provide" its private libs in its RPM
> packages.

I think you missed from a different post where the package was created
by a different 3rd-party, not google.  So how else would you expect the
3rd-party package to satisfy the dependency?

> IMHO, if it's like that, then the chrome packages are crap :-)

The chrome packages are not built for CentOS or supported on such, it is
coincidence that they happened to have worked in the past.  They will
continue to work if the libstdc++ dependency is satisfied.

> What happens if you try this:
>
> $ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/google/chrome/lib
> $ teams....

Better to just do:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/google/chrome/lib teams

...or if you have a desktop launcher that you use, edit the command and
add this to the beginning:

env LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/google/chrome/lib

Peter