[CentOS] Upgrade to 8.4 .2105 Problems

Sat Jun 5 04:32:30 UTC 2021
Alan McRae <amcrae at island42.net>

I noticed in journalctl that gnome-shell was core dumping.

yum reinstall gnome-shell fixed my displays problem.

So I am back to my first premise that the 'yum update' did not complete
properly for some reason.

Is there any way I can check the integrity of the packages installed?

What could cause 'yum upgrade' to say 'Nothing to do' and not install
the latest 305 kernel?

Alan

--
Alan McRae