[CentOS] CentOS 7.3

Thu Mar 18 16:44:18 UTC 2021
Mark Woolfson <mrw at mwcltd.co.uk>

Hello,

I wonder if you could help.

I have a requirement to load CentOS 7.3 on to a server. I have the
distribution on a bootable USB key.

CentOS boots to the first menu but when I select the option to install
almost immediately I get the error below:

NMI watchdog: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#82 stuck for 23s! [system-udevd:1221]

The above error is output every 23s

This is a repeatable error condition.

When I load CentOS 7.4 on to the server I get no problems.

When I load the above CentOS 7.3 distribution on to an older server I get no
problems.

Has anyone every seen the NMI watchdog error and found a resolution.

Thank you in advance,

Mark

https://www.avg.com