[CentOS] Tar of files

Wed Mar 3 15:15:22 UTC 2021
R C <cjvijf at gmail.com>

I think on linux (most systems I ran into actually), UIDs and GIDs are
numerical with just a "human friendly" translation (from passwd/group.
If you extract a tar file, for example, and the  owner/group
(numerically) does not exist on the target system, you get to see the
'old' uid/gid from the src system.