[CentOS] Cloning bridged VMs : VirtualBox vs. KVM

Fri Mar 26 21:49:28 UTC 2021
Jyrki Tikka <jyrki.tikka at iki.fi>

On Fri, 2021-03-26 at 07:30 +0100, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:
> Le 26/03/2021 à 03:09, Jyrki Tikka a écrit :
> > Both virt-manager and virt-clone prevent you from doing this. However,
> > you can change the created random MAC using virsh edit on the cloned
> > domain.
>
> Do you mean that I can use virsh edit to define an identical MAC address for
> the original VM and the clone?

That's exactly what I mean. Just look up the original MAC address and
use it in the interface section of the XML definition

    <interface type='bridge'>
      <mac address='52:54:00:ba:de:91'/>
      <source bridge='br0'/>
      <model type='rtl8139'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x03' function='0x0'/>
    </interface>

<(*) Jyrki