[CentOS] Cloning bridged VMs : VirtualBox vs. KVM

Fri Mar 26 22:10:08 UTC 2021
Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Le 26/03/2021 à 22:49, Jyrki Tikka a écrit :
> That's exactly what I mean. Just look up the original MAC address and
> use it in the interface section of the XML definition
>
>     <interface type='bridge'>
>       <mac address='52:54:00:ba:de:91'/>
>       <source bridge='br0'/>
>       <model type='rtl8139'/>
>       <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x03' function='0x0'/>
>     </interface>

I just found a simple solution : removing the NIC interface before cloning the
VM. Then manually adding it on the clone.

Takes just 30 seconds longer to clone than with VirtualBox, but works fine.

Sometimes you have to imagine complex things before doing something very simple.

Thanks to everybody for your input,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Site : https://www.microlinux.fr