[CentOS] getssl was working stopped

Jerry Geis

jerry.geis at gmail.com
Fri May 14 17:43:18 UTC 2021

On Fri, May 14, 2021 at 11:52 AM Jerry Geis <jerry.geis at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All  - I am using getssl on CentOS 7.
> It have been working fine since  Feb 17th and just stopped.
>
> My script:
> getssl -u -a -q
> getssl: for some reason could not reach
> http://MY_NAME/.well-known/acme-challenge/lL_ublhWh3fnmbXhhh3BR3bdnjHoMFAgTimTvZUTLQM
> - please check it manually
>
> So I did check it manually from another machine - it works fine:
> curl
> http://MY_NAME/.well-known/acme-challenge/lL_ublhWh3fnmbXhhh3BR3bdnjHoMFAgTimTvZUTLQM
>

> lL_ublhWh3fnmbXhhh3BR3bdnjHoMFAgTimTvZUTLQM.tIS27xF0xtz7YHES31MATofXyCeyfqttq7B_YBYZetI
>
> So it works fine.
>
> I then thought perhaps a firewall issue. So I "systemctl stop firewalld",
> redid the getssl -u -a -q command above - and I get the same error.
>
> How do I see/tell what its not liking ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jerry

I took off the -q as requested - doesnt say much more.

Redirecting to /bin/systemctl stop httpd.service
Check all certificates
MY_NAME: no certificate obtained from host
Registering account
Verify each domain
Verifying MY_NAME
copying challenge token to
/var/www/html/.well-known/acme-challenge/lL_ublhWh3fnmbXhhh3BR3bdnjHoMFAgTimTvZUTLQM
getssl: for some reason could not reach
http://MY_NAME/.well-known/acme-challenge/lL_ublhWh3fnmbXhhh3BR3bdnjHoMFAgTimTvZUTLQM
- please check it manually
Redirecting to /bin/systemctl start httpd.service

I thought the -u does the automatic upgrade -

getssl -v
getssl V2.36

Thanks,

Jerry