[CentOS] getssl was working stopped

Stephen John Smoogen

smooge at gmail.com
Fri May 14 18:15:56 UTC 2021

On Fri, 14 May 2021 at 13:43, Jerry Geis <jerry.geis at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 14, 2021 at 11:52 AM Jerry Geis <jerry.geis at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi All  - I am using getssl on CentOS 7.
> > It have been working fine since  Feb 17th and just stopped.
> >
> > My script:
> > getssl -u -a -q
> > getssl: for some reason could not reach
> >
> http://MY_NAME/.well-known/acme-challenge/lL_ublhWh3fnmbXhhh3BR3bdnjHoMFAgTimTvZUTLQM
> > - please check it manually
> >
> > So I did check it manually from another machine - it works fine:
> > curl
> >
> http://MY_NAME/.well-known/acme-challenge/lL_ublhWh3fnmbXhhh3BR3bdnjHoMFAgTimTvZUTLQM
> >

> lL_ublhWh3fnmbXhhh3BR3bdnjHoMFAgTimTvZUTLQM.tIS27xF0xtz7YHES31MATofXyCeyfqttq7B_YBYZetI
> >
> > So it works fine.
> >
> > I then thought perhaps a firewall issue. So I "systemctl stop firewalld",
> > redid the getssl -u -a -q command above - and I get the same error.
> >
> > How do I see/tell what its not liking ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jerry
> >

> I took off the -q as requested - doesnt say much more.
>

> Redirecting to /bin/systemctl stop httpd.service
> Check all certificates
> MY_NAME: no certificate obtained from host
> Registering account
> Verify each domain
> Verifying MY_NAME
> copying challenge token to
>
> /var/www/html/.well-known/acme-challenge/lL_ublhWh3fnmbXhhh3BR3bdnjHoMFAgTimTvZUTLQM
> getssl: for some reason could not reach
>
> http://MY_NAME/.well-known/acme-challenge/lL_ublhWh3fnmbXhhh3BR3bdnjHoMFAgTimTvZUTLQM
> - please check it manually
> Redirecting to /bin/systemctl start httpd.service
>

> I thought the -u does the automatic upgrade -
>
> getssl -v
> getssl V2.36

I would check the getssl.cfg file and see if it is asking for version 1
acme certs.  [ I do not use this software and am just going from
https://github.com/srvrco/getssl where it has the certificate server it
wants to use in the latest version to be

CA="https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org"

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Flame wars in