[CentOS] Weird localectl behavior under CentOS 7

Sat May 15 11:10:53 UTC 2021
Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Le 15/05/2021 à 12:48, Nicolas Kovacs a écrit :
> Except when I display my LANG variable, it's still fr_FR.UTF-8 for normal
> users... but en_US.utf8 for root.
>
> This looks like inconsistent or buggy behavior to me.

OK, I experimented some more, and now I'm puzzled.

1. When I'm connected directly (physically) to the server, LANG is set
correctly: en_US.utf8 for both root and non-root users.

2. When I'm opening a remote SSH session, LANG is set to fr_FR.UTF_8 for both
root and non-root users.

What's going on here ?

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Site : https://www.microlinux.fr