[CentOS] yum/dnf time constraints

Sun Nov 14 13:59:57 UTC 2021
Phil Perry <pperry at elrepo.org>

On 14/11/2021 13:08, Leon Fauster via CentOS wrote:
> Hey,
>
> i wonder if its possible to use dnf and dictate it to not install
> packages that are younger then $((today - 7 )) for example.
> If not directly possible, any other ways to accomplishing it?
> Sure, building repos with snapshots would work here but I am
> looking for additional ways ...
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Leon

A couple ideas:

1. You could run weekly from a scrpt:

yum --assumeno update

which will create the transaction (but not install it) and save it to
/tmp/ and then rerun that transaction week later:

yum --assumeyes load-transaction
/tmp/yum_save_tx.2021-11-14.13-54.FhQii3.yumtx

2. Write a yum plugin to mask packages from the transaction sack that
are less than 7 days old. How are your python skills?