[CentOS] Ruby on Cent OS 8

Mon Nov 15 21:12:27 UTC 2021
Gionatan Danti <g.danti at assyoma.it>

Il 2021-11-15 16:03 Simon Matter ha scritto:
> These figures are interesting but they can not be compared directly.
> Oracle has its own EPEL repo and therefore I guess that the number here
> shows only those who are using the official EPEL instead of the one
> provided by Oracle. That said, I expect that the true number of Oracle
> Linux installations is quite a bit higher than what we see here.

Personal note: I am currently using Rocky, but I am very tempted by
Oracle Linux also. It has working secure boot and a proven update track
record (with security metadata for yum, which Rocky only recently
started providing). It also has an officially supported upgrade path
between major releases. The only thing stopping my adoption is Oracle
"the company". But, maybe, it is an irrational fear...

That aside, can I ask how is the EPEL-8 situation now? I remember that
one years ago many packages were missing compared to, say, EPEL-7. Is
the current situation better?

Regards.

--
Danti Gionatan