[CentOS] OT Help: Zoneminder

Fri Oct 15 14:22:35 UTC 2021
TE Dukes <tdukes at palmettoshopper.com>

Sorry for the off topic post but I have run out of options an hoping someone
here can help.

I have been running Zoneminder for a very long time. Its had its bumps in
the road as anything else but generally works well.

Currently running Zoneminder 1.36.8 on CentOS 7 .

The problem started back in June after an upgrade. When events are played
back, the first one plays fine, then it's a blur as in the faster than light
drive kicks in. Supposedly, there is supposed to be some kind of pause
between event playback that keeps this from happening.

I posted this issue on their forum,
https://forums.zoneminder.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=30955&p=122258#p122258
and on their Github, https://github.com/ZoneMinder/zoneminder/issues/3359
but have had no replies. There is a similar issue on github back in 2015,
but the file in question has been changed since that time.

I have thought about uninstalling and re-installing the version that was
working prior to the upgrade but I don't think its Zoneminder. I think it
could be something else causing the problem.

The problem occurs when playing back events using Firefox and Edge on a
Win10 PC and it does the same playing back events with Firefox on the server
itself.

TIA