[CentOS] Connecting an android tablet to CentOS

Tue Sep 14 21:01:28 UTC 2021
Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com>

On 9/14/2021 2:29 PM, Scott Robbins wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 11:09:34AM -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
>> On Tue, 14 Sep 2021 17:01:29 +0000
>> Richard wrote:
>>
>>> [My android device file viewer(s) wouldn't get me into the
>>> Kindle data directory.]
>

> There's an app I use. Cx file explorer. It will go into the kindle
> directory, and from there, I can delete files. On the rare occasions I put
> a book in there--for example, at times, an author makes a free ebook
> available, I use jmtpfs. This is on a fairly minimal install with openbox,
> I suspect that Gnome's file manager might be able to do it. (I can with
> Fedora 34's live Gnome workstation).

For copying files to and from my PC (including Kindle books), I use an app called
WIFI FTP Server.  It starts up an FTP server on your phone that you can connect to
with Filezilla (or whatever) from your PC.  The server is only active while the app
is running and you can set a password.  FTP is not a particularly secure protocol,
but since I only used it when I'm on my home WIFI, it's not much of a risk.  It lets
me move files around without worrying about cables, drivers, USB modes, etc.

--
Bowie