[CentOS] How do I install the "right" python3-tkinter in CentOS Stream 8?

Tue Sep 21 21:14:21 UTC 2021
Steven Rosenberg <passthejoe at gmail.com>

On Tue, 2021-09-21 at 17:09 -0400, Jonathan Billings wrote:
> The python3-tkinter package is a sub package of the python3 source
> package, which includes platform-python.  They are versioned
> together, so you can’t upgrade one without needing the updates for
> the other.
>
> Since python3-tkinter is in AppStream, maybe you don’t have that
> enabled?  You need the 8Stream repo, not the one for base 8.

I'm not sure what happened, but today I'm able to install python3-idle
and python3-tkinter, and I didn't have to downgrade platform-python.
The correct versions came through.

I don't know what was different yesterday, but today it's working.

Thanks.