[CentOS] IPv6 token with /60 and prefix delegation

Sun May 8 10:00:27 UTC 2022
Kenneth Porter <shiva at sewingwitch.com>

I'm trying to figure out how to assign a "static" address that
automatically sets the prefix to what the ISP delegates. It seemed like the
token system would accomplish that, but reading the kernel source code,
I've discovered that tokens only work with a /64 delegation. My ISP offers
a /60, so the token is ignored and I get a random address, instead.

Is there some way to use prefix delegation to pick a /64 from the /60 and
loop it back onto the same interface to make it use the token? Or is this
/64 restriction actually a kernel bug?

See line 2788 here, where the token is ignored if the prefix isn't /64:

<https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/latest/source/net/ipv6/addrconf.c>

Am I reading the code wrong? It looks like all the autoconf stuff that
computes interface addresses breaks with smaller prefixes.