[CentOS] dnf-makecache.service failing every few days and dnf-automatic.service samba freeipa issues (again).

Mon Jan 9 16:16:52 UTC 2023
Jelle de Jong <jelledejong at powercraft.nl>

Hello everybody,

What is the status of the freeipa/sssd and samba conflicts in the
repositories?

I can not wrap my mind around that two big packages are not getting
security updates anymore, because they are conflicting. I will go to
FOSDEM in Belgium this year to figure out more, but I am considering
moving my centos systems to rockylinux.

Kind regards,

Jelle de Jong

On 12/16/22 16:59, Jelle de Jong wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> Could someone give me an estimate on when the repositories are resolving
> the right dependencies for the freeipa pacakges in CentOS Stream release 8?
>
> I have about +10 systems sending me alerts everyday that
> dnf-automatic.service is failing because of the freeipa dependency
> issues. Since freeipa is one of the security elements I would like to
> give people an estimate on when these issues are resolved?
>
> How can I keep track of the work that is been done as well?
>
> Is there a package tracker to be followed for this? URLs?
>
> I asked this question on the centos-devel list weeks ago, but have not
> received any feedback. The issues is bothering me a lot as it is an
> security issue that stays unresolved.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Jelle de Jong
>
> On 11/30/22 13:06, Jelle de Jong wrote:
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> I attached the dnf conflict logs with conflicting pacakges.
>>
>>   Problem 1: package
>> ipa-server-trust-ad-4.9.10-6.module_el8.7.0+1209+42bcbcde.x86_64
>> requires libndr.so.2()(64bit), but none of the providers can be installed
>>   Problem 2: package
>> ipa-server-4.9.10-6.module_el8.7.0+1209+42bcbcde.x86_64 requires
>> libsamba-errors.so.1(SAMBA_ERRORS_1)(64bit), but none of the providers
>> can be installed
>>   Problem 3: problem with installed package
>> ipa-server-trust-ad-4.9.10-6.module_el8.7.0+1209+42bcbcde.x86_64
>>   Problem 4: problem with installed package
>> ipa-server-4.9.10-6.module_el8.7.0+1209+42bcbcde.x86_64
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Jelle
>>

>> On 11/29/22 12:43, Jelle de Jong wrote:
>>> Hello everybody,
>>>
>>> 1. I got many systems with failing dnf-makecache.service because some
>>> mirror/repo is tried once and fails.
>>>
>>> Is there an option to make dnf more reliable, to try the mirror url a
>>> few times and check its availability?
>>>
>>> man yum.conf does not
>>>
>>> # cat /etc/yum.conf
>>> [main]