[CentOS-devel] Testers needed: nx (upgrade to the 3.5.0 series) and freenx (SELinux fix)

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 16:22:15 UTC 2011

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 2:37 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:

> I did test these, works with selinux fix. It turned to out be a case of
> virt-install new VM on a remote machine; yum install nx and freenx on
> this remote machine; install the nx client from nomachine.com - setup it
> to use GNOME desktop, paste in the client.id_dsa.key and connect.
>
> I did haveto yum groupinstall Desktop and X Window System to get the
> remote GUI to come up. And then I had to install a bunch of fonts to
> make things look right ( http://www.karan.org/stuff/Screenshot-5.png was
> what I got without the fonts )

Thanks for testing.

I forgot to mention that the selinux fix was needed only for CentOS-6.
CentOS-5 did not need any adjustment.

What to include as 'Requires' can be tricky. NX needs a desktop for
sure but it can be gnome or KDE or even something else. So far, it's
up to the user to make sure X and a desktop are available when using
NX.

Akemi