[CentOS] Centos 4.4 ?

Steve Bergman steve at rueb.com
Tue Jul 25 19:36:44 UTC 2006

BRUCE STANLEY wrote:

> I don't do yum updates on my home system due to slow (56k)
> Internet connect ability at this time.

Bruce,

I've been thinking about you lately.  By that, I mean that I have been
wondering about Linux users on modem connections.

I've been noting the absolutely huge volume (in MB) of patches for Linux
distros which always seem to assume a broadband connection.

It is admittedly a bit off topic for a CentOS list, since CentOS is
committed to fidelity to the updates provided upstream.

But I would be interested in your thoughts on the matter.  I figure
CentOS, Debian Stable, or Suse are the best bet, these days.

Suse, I believe, does binary deltas so you don't have to download the
whole package to fix a one liner.

-Steve Bergman