[CentOS] Centos 5 text install doesnt install all of GNOME

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri May 4 00:21:58 UTC 2007

Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> The installer assumed that it could not run the GUI mode as it cam up
> with 232Mb memory (24Mb used by video card).

This number itself is fairly open to argument. Is 256 megs of usable ram
really a hard limit practically ? I think its the best compromise for
the situation that we are in - and the anaconda+yum combo definitely
needs working to try and optimise the amount of ram it uses at install
time - dont think anyone is going to deny that.

- KB