[CentOS] Re: vfs objects = recycle

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Apr 25 18:13:25 UTC 2008

on 4-25-2008 8:04 AM John spake the following:
> [public]
>
>         vfs objects = recycle
>         recycle:repository = Recycle Bin
> --------------------------------------
> Just want to be clear if I use the vfs recycle option does
> "recycle:repository = Recycle Bin" get put into the the public
> directory? As I am having a problem with deleting files on a client and
> then can't empty the trash because of permission problems. Will this
> solve this issue or do I have problems elsewhere?
>
> Keep in mind this is a mixed node network with windows and linux. I'm
> taking pointers from any one with heavy samba experiance. As I am no
> samba guy. Also pointers on clustering samba with DFS.

It gets put in the root of the share that you activate it in. I am not sure if
you can make it a global option, but maybe.

I'm not sure of what your issue is, when you say "empty the trash" do you mean
deleting files from "Recycle Bin"?

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and