[CentOS] Update troubles for wxGTK apps

Niki Kovacs contact at kikinovak.net
Sat Sep 20 07:20:19 UTC 2008

Akemi Yagi a écrit :

> I believe what Dag is saying is that, if you wish to use audacity, you
> cannot update wxGTK.  Conversely, if you update wxGTK, you cannot use
> audacity.  I'm sure he will eventually resolve the issue.

In the meantime, how are we supposed to go about to install AMule, VLC
and Audacity on a *new* install? No problem to write an 'exclude=' line
in /etc/yum.conf on existing systems so updates get currently ignored.
IMHO these things should have been put to some testing repo first. I
prefer having slightly outdated software rather than mutually excluding
updates :o/

Speaking of it: any chance the nautilus-sendto dependency on a
non-existing libgaim.so.0 will be resolved? This bug must have been
around for a year IIRC. It's a pity one must first wget and rpm -ivh
--nodeps nautilus-sendto before doing a groupinstall "GNOME Desktop
Environment". But I guess this is an upstream problem.

Cheers,

Niki