[CentOS] Update for 5.3 failed on subversion and gstreamer-plugins-good

Ralph Angenendt ra+centos at br-online.de
Thu Apr 2 09:09:10 UTC 2009

MHR wrote:
> Transaction Check Error:
>   package subversion-1.4.6-0.1.el5.rf (which is newer than
> subversion-1.4.2-4.el5) is already installed
>   file /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstqtdemux.so from install of
> gstreamer-plugins-good-0.10.9-1.el5 conflicts with file from package
> gstreamer-plugins-bad-0.10.3-8.el5.rf
>
> The glibc update went fine.  Do I need to uninstall subversion and
> gstreamer-plugins-good to update, then reinstall them?  I did not see
> these listed in the release notes....

Why should we list rpmforge packages in the Release Notes? exclude
subversion from base if you want to use the one from rpmforge because it
is newer - and remove gstreamer-plugins-bad, because it shares some
files with gstreamer-plugins-good from from the base repository.

There will be a fix for gstreamer-plugins-bad from rpmforge soon.

But that up there is definitely not a problem which can be solved within
CentOS.

Ralph