[CentOS] link to "commercial support" page isn't really helpful

Spiro Harvey spiro at knossos.net.nz
Mon Jun 22 02:46:13 UTC 2009

"Neil Aggarwal" <neil at JAMMConsulting.com> wrote:
> Along these lines, I would like the support area to have a
> consultants directory.  That will give consulting companies
> (Like mine) a place to list themselves as providing CentOS
> support.

This can be a very fine line to walk.

A list of consultants can easily be misinterpreted as endorsement. If a
bad consultant rips someone off or does bad work, this can reflect on
the people hosting the list... and if that's the people who release the
product, this can get even worse.

It's my belief that this list needs to be done by a 3rd party.

--
Spiro Harvey                  Knossos Networks Ltd
021-295-1923                    www.knossos.net.nz