[CentOS] hplip problems - configure: error: "cannot find libjpeg support"

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 9 13:11:47 UTC 2009

On Sunday 08 March 2009 20:58, you wrote:
> yes, the "yum list" output shows both installed and available (from
> the repos you have configured). if not installed it shows the repo -
> e.g., "base", "rpmforge". so, if you're is showing installed there's
> something else going on. is it complaining about dbus-python in
> general, or is it giving a version/release-specific error?

# hp-setup
warning: python-dbus not installed.

HP Linux Imaging and Printing System (ver. 3.9.2)
Printer/Fax Setup Utility ver. 8.0

<snip>
(Note: Defaults for each question are maked with a '*'. Press <enter> to
accept the default.)

Using connection type: usb

error: No device selected/specified or that supports this functionality.

That is correct.
The printer in question is a networked one, and I would expect to have to set
it in hp-setup.  It works from other boxes with more recent distros.

> there's
> also:
>
>   rpm -qa dbus-python\*
>
> to check that something is installed.