[CentOS] OT: programming language for morons (newbie friendly language in Open Source world)

Nick oinksocket at letterboxes.org
Mon Dec 13 20:15:48 UTC 2010

On 13/12/10 16:14, Sven Aluoor wrote:
> I have more than 12 years experience with UNIX system administration,
> but I am too stupid for programming. My only programming experience is
> shell scripting. I tried to learn Java, but don't understand it
> because it is too complicated for my limited brainpower.
>
> What programming language should I learn?

This is a bit like saying "I have 12 years experience of hunting but I too
myopic to aim a pistol," then asking "which firearm should I carry?"

> A friend said that C-Sharp (Mono) is very simple. Is this true?

C# is Microsoft's answer to Java and is about as simple.

If you need something simple, try Ook! which is designed for Orang-outangs, has
only three things to learn, and requires no typing (yet alone typing). [1]
Bonus: it even runs on the CLR.

1.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/187715/what-is-your-favorite-esoteric-programming-language#187786