[CentOS] OT: programming language for morons (newbie friendly language in Open Source world)

Warren Young warren at etr-usa.com
Mon Dec 13 23:27:10 UTC 2010

On 12/13/2010 3:30 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> Have a look at Lua (www.lua.org). Imo it's quite readable and less
> <snip>
> Don't. I have literally never heard of it before,

It's quite popular in some areas, particularly as an embedded scripting
engine in games.

Having written one substantial program in Lua, I can say it's not a
great next step, particularly if shell scripting is a good solution to
the OP's current problems.  Lua is clean and simple, but as a
replacement for shell...no.  Just, no.

Besides, it isn't in the main CentOS repo.