[Arm-dev] Implementing on beaglebone black.

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Dec 30 11:19:44 UTC 2015

On 12/30/2015 06:12 AM, Mandar Joshi wrote:
>> It is important we get this validation of the generic board approach taken
>> by fedora-arm and that it works with our images.
>>
>> It is the more practical way forward to get a solid uptake here.
>>
> The approach Fedora takes, the one you suggested for BBB and the one I
> am suggesting are all the same in effect.
> The only difference is that RootFS Build Factory uses u-boot from the
> my github repo rather than taking it from the the uboot-images-armv7
> package in the new centos rootfs. This has been changed in the new
> cubietruck templates.

I understand that.  But the Fedora approach results in one build of the
image and everyone downloads that and customizes it for their board.
Less resources on everyone's part.  It will e more attractive to
newcomers when the steps are:

download the image
run the install script to a mSD card
install mSD card on arm board
boot

Thank you for all you have done for this project.